WHAT TO EXPECT
Therefore, it is important that residents are referred from an approved group of comprehensive outpatient addiction medicine providers. This approach allows housing and treatment teams to share attendance data, progress reports, toxicology results and recovery plans. This collaboration identifies challenges and issues before they become major obstacles. The objective is to keep residents on the path to stability and independence while encountering the least amount of setbacks possible.
Our intake process includes identifying the needs and desires of the individual resident. During their time at Sunstone, we are assisting each individual with the items listed below and so much more:
- Bank Account
- Birth Certificate
- Clothing Assistance
- EBT Food Stamps
- Emergency Food Assistance
- Identification/Driver’s License
- Primary Care/Dental Provider
- Social Security Card
- Established checking & savings accounts
- Employment earning $22,000 or more per year
- Housing that is furnished, safe, stable and supportive
- Legal issues resolved or managed; positive relationship with probation & courts
- Family reunification and/or a positive family dynamic
- Health & wellness improved, stable and a priority; health insurance active
- Transportation plan in place; Reliable public transportation and/or becoming a legal and licensed driver
- Mental & Spiritual Wellness: Respecting all denominations and beliefs and encouraging a strong mental and spiritual state of being in oneself.
The resident should be fully engaged in their outpatient treatment program. We believe the medical and clinical services provided deliver critical tools to the patient and are fundamental to an individual’s success in recovery.